West Hall, (Former Church) Cornhill Road, Aberchirder, AB54 7TH
- Development Opportunity
The L-shaped property comprises the main church hall with balcony and large reception room leading off from the main hall. A feature of the building is the original “bird cage” bellcote with ball finial and the arched doorway with keystone. The former church which was used as a picture house between 1940 and 1958 has exceptional development potential and with sympathetic restoration and development could be used for a variety of uses. Prospective purchasers would need to obtain all relevant planning and building warrant permissions.
Aberchirder is centrally situated between the towns of Banff, Turriff and Huntly. It has a small range of local shops and a Primary School with secondary education being provided at Banff. Aberdeen is around 45 miles to the south-east.
Main Church Hall (15m x 6.70m approx.)
This large hall has an attractive vaulted ceiling; various arched and leaded windows (although these are now either/and or broken and boarded up; balcony overlooking the main hall; doorway opening into large reception room.
Reception room (8.85m x 4.32m approx.)
Partially vaulted ceiling; fireplace; door to side opening onto pathway leading to front.
Mains services available electricity, water and drainage